Sunday, June 12, 2011

Easy Like Sunday Morning Pancakes





Who doesn't love Pancakes on Sunday morning? I mean really, what else is there to eat for breakfast than pancakes with syrup and butter. Yummm....syrup. 

Unfortunately syrup and butter slathered disks of carbohydrates are not on my diet. Luckily for me I am sometimes rather creative and when I want something bad enough I will find a way to eat it. So I set out on a quest for healthy pancakes and found a recipe for Oatmeal Pancakes and thought with a few tweaks it could be awesomely yummy and healthy at the same time. 
I was right.
Hellooo...Oatmeal Pancakes. 
Let's be friends.

These were soft and fluffy with a  bit of sweetness. I'm in love. I adapted this recipe found on Tastepotting


Easy Oatmeal Pancakes:

1 cup oats (quick style is fine)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
2 Tbls. Stevia (or sugar substitute or even real sugar gasp!)
2 teas. Baking Powder
1 teas. Salt
3 Tbls. Egg White (one eggs worth)
1 Whole Egg
1 1/2 Cups Milk (I used low fat because that's what I had. Almond milk would be good)
1/4 Cup. Canola Oil

Mix together oats, flours, stevia, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl. Combine eggs, milk and oil in separate bowl and mix well. Add milk and egg mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined. Pour batter by 1/4 to 1/3 scoops onto greased hot griddle or skillet. Turn when bubbles appear on top of pancakes. Flip and continue. Rinse and repeat. 

I had mine with a scant amount of butter, fresh raspberries and honey. They were delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment