Friday, May 28, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Day Two

Day two of the 30 day challenge is:
What's your favorite movie?

Maybe it's my long lost dream to work at a record store (second favorite movie, Empire Records) or the amazing way John Cusack explains how to make a mix tape that makes me love this movie. The whole thing is great. It's sad, it's funny, and did I mention it has John Cusack? I mean come on, who can resist this face:
The book by Bruce Hornby is great too. It takes place in London instead of Chicago which makes you fall in love with Rob a little bit more because you know he has an accent. 

The top five reasons to love this movie:
1. Uhhh...John Cusack
2. Jack Black in all of his glory
3. The great top five lists throughout the movie
4. The impressive record collection in Rob's apartment 
5. This quote:
     "Should I bolt every time I get that feeling in my gut when I meet someone new? Well I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains." 

Enjoy your Friday night, I plan too. I have a drink, baseball is on and the phone is off. Time to relax. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I LOVE this movie, especially Jack Black's cover of "Let's Get It On" at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! After I posted this I went to go watch it...the DVD case was EMPTY! Seriously, I was pissed!

    ReplyDelete