Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Book Review!

Whhhhaaaat?!?! Two posts in one day? Is the world coming to an end? Is this finally it? No dearies, don't fret. Today was rainy and cold so I decided to put away my to-do list and curl up with Gypsy on the couch and finish my book, that I started yesterday by the way. 
If you can't read the quote on the front of the book it says, "An addictively satisfying, deeply amusing, dirty-ass masterpiece...Sweet." -William Gibson. And it's all true. I wouldn't say it's the best book I've ever read, in fact there are some major proof-reading mistakes throughout the book that drove me nuts a few times. 
The story is about a guy named Stark who was into some dark magic in LA during his teen years. One of the guys in his magic circle decided Stark needed to take a little trip, so he sent him to Hell. This didn't kill him but while there he realized that he was very hard to kill. He was hired as an assassin for one of Lucifer's generals who gave him a key to get out of Hell. When he comes back to Earth eleven years later he finds that things in LA have changed and what follows is a somewhat typical Heaven vs. Hell, Angels vs. Demons free-for-all. It was sometimes predictable, sometimes funny but always entertaining.
I give it 2 1/2 storm clouds out of 4.  

No comments:

Post a Comment