Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Black Bean Soup

This is what the mister and I had for dinner tonight:

 And yes, it was as delicious as it looks.
I found this soup the other day at "From Scratch" an awesome blog by a girl named Emma. You should check it out! I changed mine a little, hers is vegan mine is not. Either way would be good, I just happened to have some extra chicken so I got a little crazy and threw it in.

This soup is so simple and quick! It took about 15 minutes to make, I served it with a big hunk of crusty bread and avocado and called it good. 
And so I said, and so it was. 

Here's the recipe:

Black Bean Soup
serves 2-3
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2  red onion
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup shredded chicken, cooked
2 cups chicken stock
1 Tbls olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

In pot heat oil and saute onion until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper and, chili powder. Cook another minute or so. Turn the heat down and add stock and black beans. Let flavors get happy for 5-8 minutes. 
At this point you could either serve it as is, or you could do what I did and run my potato masher across the beans to loosen them up a bit. Don't squish them to hard, you don't want to make a dip. 
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and avocado slices. 

Rejoice in the simple things. 
Goodnight peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment