Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chocolate Pumpkin Zucchini Bread...

Yeah it's just as good as it sounds.

Before C left for Hawaii she was completely stressed out about the zuc's that she had in her fridge so I offered to take them off her hands and make her some bread while she was gone. That's what I did today, and I'm pretty sure that I'll have to go get some more Zucchini's because I'm not sure this is going to last until they get home. 

Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Pumpkin Zucchini Bread

3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup butter, melted
1 TBLS. vanilla
3 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. salt
1/2 teas. nutmeg
1/2 teas. cinammon
1/2 teas. cloves
1 cup shredded zucchini


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9x5x3 bread loaf pans.


In a mixing bowl combine eggs and sugar. Add pumpkin, butter and vanilla.




In separate bowl combine dry ingredients.

Gradually add dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in zucchini.
Pour into the loaf pans.




Bake for 45-50 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. 





Let me tell you it is heavenly. Seriously. In fact I'm going to get a piece right now. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment