Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies...

When I was a little girl my mom would bring home these amazing cookies, they would only show up around this time of year and even though I know she bought them at Albertsons I've never been able to find them there. These cookies were soft and big, delicious and lovely. For the past few years I have been on a hunt for these cookies and I can't find them anywhere. So I decided to start looking for a recipe and after a lot of trial and error I think I found them. The other morning they popped up in my Google Reader thanks to Annie's Eats. She originally posted them as Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies, but I took the liberty to substitute the butterscotch for chocolate chips. Let me tell you these are amazing! I only made one batch, but there are more to come. I would like a little more spice to them so I think for the next batch I'll add a little more pumpkin and some nutmeg and cloves. They don't need it, I just want try it out. 


Here's the recipe, with pictures! Yes I finally remembered to take in process photos! Hooray!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1 tsp. vanilla
1- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (or just throw the whole bag in if you're feeling rebellious!) 

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. 
In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
 
In separate bowl (or bowl of electric mixer if you're lucky enough to have one) combine eggs and sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth and light in color, about one minute. Blend in oil, pumpkin and vanilla.

With mixer on low mix in dry ingredients until just incorporated. Then gently fold in chips. 


 Drop by mounds onto baking sheets. 


 Bake, rotating half way through, about 14-16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on baking sheets about 5-10 minutes before placing on wire rack to finish cooling. 





And enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment