Thursday, September 9, 2010

My summer vacation.

The dog-child and I just returned from our first road trip/vacay together. We went to see my dad, a mere 5 hours away. Funny that it seemed soooo much longer than the eight hour drive I used to have to do when I lived in Coeur d' Alene. 
The mister is visiting his parents in South Dakota and will be back on Saturday. You know what that means for me? I get to:
  • Watch as much trashy reality tv that I want without fear of ridicule.
  • Make spaghetti!
  • If I don't want to clean up the house before 3:30, I don't have to.
  • Sleeping in because I'll get the car no matter what.
  • 80's movie night with the girls!!!!
Alright so the last one I could do whenever, but I thought there should be an even five. Or an odd five. Or whatever. 


I miss my mister, don't get me wrong, but everyone needs their own time. 
Or is that just an only child thing?


So now it's time for me to say goodnight. I have three episodes of Days of Our Lives and a pint of Ben & Jerry's calling my name.  
Don't judge.

Here's a few pictures from the drive up. It's the only time I took pictures. Yeah sometimes that happens. 
 
Leaving town.
 Co-pilot
My exit.
Road coma. Somewhere in Washington.
Water! That means we went the right way.
Happy Gypsy. But she hates rest stops.



No comments:

Post a Comment